Translate

Friday, July 4, 2014

The Heart of Non-Duality

The single most important spiritual act I perform each day is to meditate upon my oneness with God as a locus within my heart chakra until I feel a sustained burning, swelling feeling there in the center of my chest.

I’ve mentioned tactile feeling before in previous posts. Using tactile feeling has been a very important key for me in overcoming my restless mind and to allow me to enter into deeper states of consciousness. You see, we live in a day and age of infinite distractions and due to this we all have varying degrees of both willfulness in our faculty of the attention and an atrophied will at controlling it.

Why do I say that? Try this.  Empty your mind and have no thought at all and do it for 5 solid minutes. Take mental note of when you fail and what thought it was that intruded.  You’ll find that during this time certain sounds in the room or other stimuli will cause your mental apparatus to leap into action and to begin analyzing what is going on. If you persist at the exercise you will probably begin to be able to hold your mind still for longer periods. But then, if a thought comes along which “is important” you may experience a difficulty with dismissing it. You try and then it comes back. Both of these examples show that there is a willfulness to this faculty and that our ability to truly control it is limited in some cases.

“No thought” meditation is really good for you and I recommend doing it regularly. But how do we overcome this willful, wandering mind? It’s a little like “don’t think of pink elephants”. Well, it’s a lot easier to firmly hold on to something than to try to hold on to nothing. The best way I’ve found to be in stillness and “No Thought” is to focus on a tactile feeling. You could focus on your breath or the feeling in your big toe or any discreet feeling you have in your body.  But the best tactile focus I’ve found is the burning feeling I get when I’ve spent time with my attention upon my heart chakra, feeling and knowing that God and infinite light is there and that I’m one with it all.  This serves two purposes at once:

1. It is something to focus upon which yields tactile feedback when you succeed
2. It raises your consciousness immediately and tremendously

If you meditate upon your unity with God in your heart chakra it changes something in you. There is a spiritual fiery flame there inside your heart chakra—the “Jewel in the Lotus” which can grow brighter and larger when we put our attention upon it and acknowledge our oneness with God. If you persist, it spins faster and faster and it grows larger and brighter. This is when you begin to feel it as a tangible, physical feeling in your chest area as a burning or swelling feeling. When you feel this begin to happen, persist at it, focusing your attention exactly where you feel this burning and choose to intensify the feeling. You may wish to press there on your sternum to create a tactile feeling with your finger before the flame expanding takes over and creates the burning sensation.

I feel that when you persist at this and do it over a period of time you will find that you have developed the “Merkaba” for yourself and that you’ll soon begin to experience some of the benefits attributed to the Merkaba (look it up....). Another interesting development is that you will begin to truly understand and experience non-duality or “unity” consciousness. You’ll feel and see your oneness with all life and fear and doubt will be missing while you are in this state.

Try it….you’ll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment